<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Ohohia - The Pacific-Crossing Attempt

This is a journal of my progress toward my goal of flying a model airplane from Hawaii to California. The inspiration for this project originally came from the Aerosonde, which is not technically a model airplane, but my desire to do this was really driven by the STAR team. They succeeded at flying a model airplane across the Atlantic! It was merely proof that it can be done.


Links
Resources
archives


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Note that entries appear in reverse chronological order

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The itch is back 

With all the ruckus about RoboMagellan competitions, and the increased availability of ever smaller and lighter - and improved - navigation components, I find it hard to resist the challenge of making this autonomous aircraft happen once and for all.

It is churning in the back of my mind again.

I have added a few resources to my list on the left, just to make sure I don't lose them. I have made brief contact with a group who is putting together a small UAV (or has) and one guy seemed to know his stuff about power systems, so I hope to connect with him again in the near future when I have some specs to provide to him. My objective is to get a power supply together that is driven by the on-board generator (or by standby batteries when the generator is low or not running) that will provide steady power to all my on-board systems.

A guy from the Home Brew Robotics Club reported he had much RFI/EMI problems in regard to his IMU and GPS on his mobile robot, but this other guy from the UAV group said it is no problem to filter that out. I am anxious to hear from this guy in the robotics club when he gets his 3-axis IMU done that he is developing. He is making the communications interface to it, dead simple. It should simplify things, greatly, when it comes to developing the firmware/software to make everything work.

Now all I need is a job. And a place to fly.

Comments: Post a Comment